You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
Often the reference files, which are are temporarily and repeatedly edited by colleagues are automatically synchronized, so that everything is always up to date. Sometimes the upgrade does not work.
1) Check if the following box is thicked:
It is disabled by default and the reference files are kept in the cache memory when closing and opening another DGN file.
2) Manually the same it could be done in the Reference windows in 2 ways as you can see in the following images:
- right click on the file with the pencil on the left and choose "Releoad"
- left click on the icon "Reload" on the top of the Reference windows
3) Furthermore, there is a key-in command, REFERENCE RELOAD ALL or REFERENCE RELOAD FORCE + Enter key
"Reload Reference" (from point 2 above)If this option is selected, MicroStation checks before reloading if the file size or time of event have changed. If these values remain unchanged, then the file is not reloaded.Using the key-in command REFERENCE RELOAD FORCE You can bypass the check and force a reload of the selected reference file.About the REFERENCE RELOAD FORCE ALL command to reload all attached reference files is enforced.