A dump file is a snapshot of an application at the point in time the dump is taken. For performance or hang issues, you need to collect, hang dumps. A hang dump is also known as "manual dump".
Steps to Accomplish
Create a dump using Task Manager:
1. If an instance of the Task Manager is already open, close it.
2. Open the correct “Windows Task Manager” For MicroStation V8i open 32bit Task Manager C:\Windows\SysWOW64\TaskMgr.exe For MicroStation Connect open 64bit Task Manager C:\Windows\System32\TaskMgr.exe
3. Select the “Processes” tab
4. Right click the process you wish to take a dump of
5. Select “Create Dump File” 6. A dialogue will appear with the location of the saved dump. Take a couple of more dumps and send it to Bentley Technical Support via ftp or sharefile.