How to generate Dependency Walker log files
Dependency Walker is a very useful tool for troubleshooting system errors related to loading and executing modules. Dependency Walker detects many common application problems such as missing modules, invalid modules, import/export mismatches, circular dependency errors, mismatched machine types of modules, and module initialization failures.
• Go to http://www.dependencywalker.com/
• Download 32bit or 64bit depending on the version of MicroStation that you plan to troubleshoot. For V8i, download 32bit version - “DownloadVersion 2.2.6000 for x86” For Connect, download 64bit version - “DownloadVersion 2.2.6000 for x64“
• Extract “depends22_x64.zip” to a folder
• Start depends.exe
• Select the file to test (File > Open) e.g. C:\Program Files\Bentley\MicroStation CONNECT Edition\MicroStation\MdlSys\Asneeded\Vue\Application\StandaloneDLL.eon C:\Program Files\Bentley\MicroStation CONNECT Edition\MicroStation\MicroStation.exe C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries)\MicroStation\ustation.exe Note: This activity will take a long time.
• Once the activity is complete, go to File > Save As and save the log file as StandaloneDLL.dwi (DWI – Dependency Walker Image)