You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
How to generate ProcMon logs
Process Monitor is an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity.
1. Follow the link below to download the latest version of Microsoft Process Monitor: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon
2. Right click the ProcessMonitor.zip file and click Extract All to extract files to the same folder you are in.
3. Run the Procmon.exe file.
4. Click the Capture button to stop the capture.
5. Click the Clear button to clear everything.
6. When ready to reproduce the issue, click the Capture button.
7. Start MicroStation and reproduce the problem.
8. Once the problem is reproduced and has been recorded, click the Capture button to Stop the capture.
9. NOTE: It is important to Save and Send the capture in this manner: • Save "All Events" • Save in "PML" format • Zip the PML file and any other data requested • Upload the file as instructed • Lastly, Notify the person you are working with when the log is available to review
How to apply Filters in ProcMon
Troubleshooting ProjectWise Explorer using ProcMon