1. In the Workflow drop down list select any of the workflows, other than Task Navigation, depending on whether you're in a 2D or 3D design file.
2. A V8 icon will display next to the workflow where you can select a number of methods in the dropdown menu. From the drop down list select Dialog and this will display the V8i Tasks Theme, docked into the left side of the application window.
3. The interface changes so that the Tasks dialog appears on the left side of the view like in MicroStation V8i.
4. Position Mapping is commonly used with this dialog so commands and tools can be easily accessed through logical keyboard button sequences. You can turn this on via File > Settings > User > Preferences > Position Mapping category > toggle on Use Position Mapping setting
5. To gain even more of a "V8i feel", the Ribbon can be minimized by using the small arrow button in the top, right corner of the application window as shown below.
1. If you select the Toolbox option from the dropdown menu this will allow you to display the Main and Tasks toolboxes.
2. These Main and Tasks toolboxes can be docked into the left side of the application window similar to how it could be performed in V8i.
1. The last option in the dropdown menu for the V8i Tasks Theme is to select the ComboBox option.
2. This will display the Main and Tasks toolboxes but the tasks will be in a dropdown list.
How to display the V8i style Tasks dialog in MicroStation CONNECT Edition till Update 12
MicroStation Announcements Forum - MicroStation CONNECT Edition Update 13 version 10.13.00.48