Are you new to MicroStation V8i and don't know where to Start? Need Help learning the product? Have you used MicroStation before but you just need to learn what has been updated? How about someone that is transitioning to MicroStation from a another CAD application?
Learning a new CAD application can be a daunting task. Being productive in new a CAD program without proper training is nearly impossible.
As a new MicroStation user here are a few things that you can do to help your self learn the product.
Does your Machine meet MicroStation's requirements to run?
Running MicroStation outside the minimum requirements is likely to yield unpredictable results.
1. Open the products readme. If you do not have it installed yet, here is the online version.
2. Click on "Requirements"
3. Compare the requirements to the system you are going to be using to run MicroStation.
Learning the basics…
It is highly recommended to review the basics before starting work on your project.
1. Open the help documentation (From the menu pull down, go to Help > Contents)
(see below for link to online help if needed).
2. Check the "Getting Starting" section of help. (From the menu pull down, Help > Contents > Getting Started > Fundamentals).
It is highly recommended to start with opening the Quick Start Guide - PDF.
3. Review the rest of the sections under "Getting Started".
4. As you start using the tools, you can read up on the specific settings and functions by using the contextual help. With a tool active, press the F1 Function key on your keyboard, this will open the help to the section regarding the active tool automatically.
5. Check the Technote/FAQ section for MicroStation on Be Communities.
6. Check out the MicroStation Training and Learning path that will guide you to the course most suited for your experience.
Here are a few things that you should know before starting in v8i. With the V8 generation of products the file format has changed. The MicroStation interface has also been updated and there are number of enhancements that have been added.
1. Check the MicroStation product page
2. Check MicroStation V8i's help section on "What's New". Help > Contents > What's New > New in MicroStation V8i.(see below for link to online help if needed).
3. Check out the MicroStation Training and Learning path that will guide you to the course most suited for your experience.
Here is a few things someone with CAD experience started.
2. Check the Technote/FAQ section for MicroStation on Be Communities.
Here is a link to the Online help.Please contact support for technical issues only. Training is handled by the Bentley Institute.
Here is a link to the Online help.
Please contact support for technical issues only. Training is handled by the Bentley Institute.
SELECTsupport TechNotes and FAQs - old
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please submit any comments you have on this Wiki article to the "Comments" area below. THANK YOU!