Need help working from home with your Bentley software? We're here to help - click here
While attempting to install or upgrade MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries 3) the error code 1625 is displayed.
The Error 1625 means - "This installation is forbidden by system policy".
1. Click Start -> Control Panel
2. Open Administrative Tools
3. Open Local Security Settings
4. Click Software Restriction Policies
If no software restrictions are defined, right click theSoftware Restriction Policies node and select New Software Restriction Policy:
1. Double click Enforcement
2. Select "All users except local administrators"
3. Click OK
4. Reboot the machine Same error 1625 can be encounter installing on Windows Server 2003. Here is Hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925336