Windows System Information file can be useful for troubleshooting an issue that occurs when working in windows. Windows System Information (NFO) file contains the following details:
• Operating system • System drivers • Running tasks • Services • Program groups • Startup programs
Here below are several methods of creating a NFO file.
In Windows XP, any of the following:
Click the link: How to use > Show System Information > System information
In Windows 7:
Same as above except for the first option:
1. Go to your desktop
2. Press +R and a field to be filled will pop up
3. Type "msinfo32" and a new window will show the System info
4. Save it with .NFO format
In all cases: Once the Window with the information is displayed, select: File>Save
The resulting file should have the extension: .nfo
For MicroStation XM and higher: Open Help>About MicroStation ->Click the button: "System Info".
If you cannot get to the System Information at all:
The System Administrator may have blocked the option, or the system information fails to display a full overview of the hardware and software setup.
The system administrator / network administrator needs to activate the WMI software. Without WMI being active, you may see issues with installing other applications on top of MicroStation too.
In Windows XP and Windows 7
1. Windows Start> Run> type: CMD
2. Press Enter> Type DXDIAG Save it as (*txt.)
In Windows 8 and 10
2. Press +R a field to be filled will pop up
3. Type "Dxdiag.exe"
4. Press enter
5. Save it as (*txt.)