1. Determine the scale factor that is needed to size the output to the build envelope of the machine.
2. Open the Drawing Scale dialog found in the Settings menu and select the units you wish to use.
3. Create a new level and set the color to a gray with transparency set to 60%. This works well for the Clip Volume element in rendered mode.
4. Start the Place Block tool and draw a rectangle in the top view within the size limits of the machines XY plane.
5. Use the Extrude tool and extrude the shape to the height of the build envelope of the machine.
6. Scale the model to fit within this box.
7. Adjust the Solids Working Area as needed.
The model can be easily scaled to the size of the printer's build envelope by creating a transparent box in the size of the build envelope, and then scaling the model to fit within the box.