When I place text and add two spaces the space appears a 1/64 fraction.
The "1/64" character represents a non-breaking space in Unicode format and therefore will appear when placing two spaces in the word processor. This problem seems to be ocur when the upgrading of Interenet Explorer to IE9 or IE10 when using MicroStation V8i Select Series 2(08.11.07.443)
This problem does not occur in verion 08.11.09.292 and higher.
For instructions on this go to the following link:
Set MS_WORD_PROCESSOR_DISPLAY_RSC_USING_DEFAULT_FONT = 1
1. Go to Workspace>Configuration
2. In Workspace configuration dialog click on the New button
3. In the "New Configuration Variable" dialog type in MS_WORD_PROCESSOR_DISPLAY_RSC_USING_DEFAULT_FONT
4. Set the value to "1"
5. Click on OK button and then click on the Yes button to save the new variable
6. Close and re-open current design file so that the new configuration file setting can then be loaded
This might be due to your user configuration file being write protected or it may reside in a folder that is set to read-only. See if you can do this in a new workspace.
I tried the 'New button' but it's grayed out - can't select it.