The latest version of MicroStation (SELECTseries 3) displays only the executable file of the program itself and do not display the Prerequisites for Bentley Desktop Applications as a separate installation file as it happened for previouse versions. In fact, the Prerequisites for Bentley Desktop Applications v08.11.09 are automatically downloaded and installed to the workstation while installing MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries 3) if you are connected to the Internet. If you cannot have access to the Internet while installing, the Prerequisites for Bentley Desktop Applications file is also available from the Web downloads / MySELECT CD area of SELECTservices Online.
1. Go to https://www.bentley.com/en/support and click on GO TO CONNECTION CENTER
2. Insert your SELECT credentials to Log in
3. Once you have logged in, on the bottom of the page click the icon Software Downloads
4. Once you have opened the Software Fulfillment page click on the Web Downloads link which will take you to the previous version.
5. Once on the Web Downloads page you need to select the product, the release language, the “Download Category”, and the “Files posted within last” categories. Proceed by clicking on Search.
4.If you have selected “All” as the date range, you will have the list of all the available versions to be downloaded. You can sort by date and have the latest version available at the top. In this case, the latest version is the 08.11.09.459 version.
(SDK versions: MicroStation and various MicroStation-based application platform product lines provide developers (as well as users) with extension capabilities -- from easy customization to tight integration with other Windows applications. Developers who want to embed or extend functionality in MicroStation and Bentley products can easily do so with available Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and Software Development Kits (SDKs).
On the right hand side you will be able to see the Operating Systems on which each version is certified and therefore supported.
If you click on the name of the product itself "MicroStation V8i" a window will pop up with some general useful information about the product. At the bottom of this window you will also find a link for the Readme file for more detailed information about the version you are about to download.
5. Make sure you tick the box and proceed by clicking on Continue
6. Make sure that the method Downlaod is selected and click on Continue
8. Start downloading by clicking on Download or use the Advanced Download Manager. This will allow you to download all the files in sequence with a single click.
9.If you are experiencing some problems while downloading please read through the Troubleshooting section that appears at the end
How to download the Prerequisites for MicroStation SELECTseries 3