Bentley SACS® 10.2 CONNECT Edition Readme
CONNECT Release Product - Update 2
Microsoft Windows (see System Requirements for specific details)
July 15, 2016
After Installation, SACS products must now be activated. SACS products DO NOT support trial license status. Launch SACS 10.1. The following dialog will appear. Click on the “Bentley License Tool…” button.
Select all the SACS license products and click the “Activate” button.
The system will activate the licensed products.
SACS 10.x CONNECT Edition release includes major enhancements including the implementation of the API RP 2A WSD 22nd Edition code check in PSI for soil definitions, a completely new Dynamic Superelement module based upon the Craig-Brampton approach, Interactive Fatigueredesign for damage resulting from multiple time histories. The Joint Meshing utility now allows the users to model ring stiffeners on complex non-tubular joints. Major updates to the interactive modules include database functionality in Postvue allowing users to handle large loaddatasets. The SACS wind turbine GH Bladed application has been enhanced to allow users to use separate safety factors for gravitational and inertial loads for post processing. The Seastate module has been enhanced to generate loading on large diameter tubular sections in accordanceto McCamy and Fuchs approach.
A SESAM to SACS utility is now available allowing the user to convert SESAM Genie models to SACS format. All documentation is now available in searchable pdf format with SACS traditional style input line layout.
Non-Linear Plastic Analysis
Combine Post file utility
Dynamic Response Analysis
Dynamic Super Element
Craig-Brampton Super Element
Eigen Vector/Value Extraction
Fatigue Damage/Life Analysis
Flotation & Upending Analysis
Non-Linear Element Analysis
Global Loading Analysis
Tubular Connection Check
Large Deflection Analysis
Material Takeoff Analysis
Single Pile Analysis
Element Stress and Code Check
Generate User Defined Reports
SACS FAST Interface
Environmental Load Generation
Super Element Utility
Transportation Inertia Load Generation
Motion and Stability Studies
Wave Response Analysis
Interactive Program Modules
SACS Hull Modeler
Plot and Chart Utility
Interactive Collapse Results Viewer
Input Data Generator and Viewer
SACS System Front End
Interactive Fatigue Post Processor
Interactive Post Processor
SACS Model to PDMS Macro Convertor
SACS to Femsys
SACS Model to FemView Interface
SACS Model to SDNF Convertor
Utility Program Modules
SESAM to SACS
Converts SESAM models to SACS format
Scatter Diagram Damage Center Utility
Free Body Analysis
Joint Meshing Utility
List File Convertor
Output Listing File Optimizer
Roark Ring Analysis
Rigid Body Analysis
SACS CONNECT Edition (v10.x) has the following system minimum requirements:
• Pentium 4 or higher central processing unit (CPU).
• 512 megabytes (Mb) of RAM minimum. SACS performance is dependent on the size of the SACS model and the amount of available system resources; see SACS System PC Recommendations below.
• Microsoft® Windows® 8/8.1 Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows 10
• Internet Explorer 6 or later
• Windows Media Player (for analysis sound file support)
• A hard disk partition with 800 Mb of free space is required for the SACS installation.
• A video card with a chipset that supports OpenGL. A reference list may be found at Supported Graphics Cards
• CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
• Network Server and Network Client Installations - The Local Area Ethernet Network should be 100 Base-T or greater. TCP/IP network protocol is supported.
Note: Remote access connections such as Terminal Server are not supported.
SACS CONNECT Edition (v10.x) will run satisfactorily with most basic new PC configurations for both laptops and desktop PCs. For minimal configuration PCs or older PCs, the most notable degradation in performance will be in 3D rendering applications (Precede) and when model sizeexceeds 1000 joints. For model sizes greater than 1000 joints it is recommended that additional memory and storage be added as stated below. The following recommendations are for optimal SACS performance.
• RAM - 1024 megabytes (Mb) of free (1) RAM minimum, 4096 Mb or more is preferred. SACS will utilize all available RAM. SACS performance is dependent on the size of the SACS model and the amount of available system resources.
(1) Free RAM refers to available RAM after all operating system processes have been loaded.
• CPU - A multi-core CPU is recommended although not required.
• Operating System - Windows 7 Professional or later.
• Note: All x86 versions of Windows cannot utilize more than 3200 Mb of RAM. The x64 version of Windows should be considered to take advantage of additional memory as well as future SACS upgrades.
• Hard Disk - 800 Mb of free space is required for the SACS installation. A SATA RAID 0 hard disk is recommended for optimal analysis performance.
Note: After the SACS installation is complete the free space used for executions should not fall below 50% of the total drive capacity. Total free space for execution should be at least 1 gigabyte for small models solutions. Very large model solution could require 400 gigabytesor more.
Recommended Computer Specs for Wind Turbine Parallel Processing
It’s important to determine the optimal number of processors required for fastest processing by benchmarking the system by running multiple analyses using different number of processors to determine the number which gives the optimal speed.
NOTE: I/O to the disk/drive can be a bottle neck (hence the fastest bus and I/O requirements).
Program Help: Detailed feature information may be accessed directly from the calling application by selecting the Help command, or by pressing the Help button from any of the application dialogs. Be sure to explore the program Help for answers to your questions.
On-Line Documentation: On-line documentation is available in PDF format and is accessible through Executive “Manuals” tab.
• Enhanced Datagen to allows input beyond 80 columns
• Corrected the Moment Magnification input options on the OPTIONS line. • Corrected a problem where Datagen was not reading the BRACE and MGRPSL input lines. • Corrected a problem where the option on the MPLANE line was set to ‘D’ instead of ‘L’ • Corrected a problem where the THLOAD line would automatically change on clicking ‘Apply’
• Corrected a problem where the CODE IS line was not being saved in the common solution file.
Last Update: 2016/July/15Revision: 0
© 2016 Bentley Systems, Inc. Legal Notice
U.S. Pat. Nos. 5,784,068 & 5,815,415 & 6,199,125