I am updating the temperatures and pressures throughout the model and found that some points on other segments are also being changed. For example, when changing a singular point, K04, to T1=700F, it is also changing points AR00 to AR02 to 700F as well. It also seems to have the same issue when changing any pressures. I've tried renumbering the points, reordering the segments, restarting AutoPIPE, restarting the computer, and even copying the segment, AR, deleting it, and re-adding it only to have the issue jump to another area in the model. I've opened the model on a co-workers computer and confirmed they are seeing the same issue. It seems to only be affecting this model, as I could not recreate the problem on other models.
AP Version 12.07.00.346
I've added a couple screenshots showing the issue I am running into. The first photo shows the temperatures prior to changing the input (Point K04 circled in red, AR00 in blue) and the second shows the temperatures after only changing point K04 to 700F.
Here is a video of the issue:
Be careful how you select pipe runs for modification. If selecting over multiple segments you can pick points in between segments. If using the window select make the current point is in the window.
Have you tried selecting runs from the input grid?
I only changed a single cell in the input grid.
A few questions if you could please answer:
1. Did you create the model from scratch in AutoPIPE v12.07.00.346 (using File > New) or opened a model last updated in a previous release of AutoPIPE?
2. Did you upgrade AutoPIPE from previous released version or performed fresh installation of AutoPIPE on the machine?
3. Do you have any other editions of AutoPIPE installed along side?
4. Which Piping Code and Edition were you using for this model?
5. Did you perform copy / paste, or imported part or all of the model?
6. Do you have Rotating Equipment, soil, or any other out of the ordinary component / feature?
I also request to please log a service ticket and attach your model there if possible. Any information you provide will certainly help us track down the issue and resolve.
1. Yes, the model was made from scratch in AP v12.07.00.346.
2. I am not certain how our IT department installs the software, but I previously was using v11.4. The model was built from v12.07.00.346 from the very beginning.
3. v11.4 is still installed on my computer, but this is the only model I'm having this issue with.
4. ASME B31.3 2018
5. No, the model was built from scratch with nothing being copied from within the model or from other models. After discovering the issue, I did copy the main header, delete it, and re-attach the branch lines to try and eliminate the issue.
6. No rotating equipment or soil is included in the model.
Thank you, I will log a service ticket.
Thank you for the response Grant. We are investigating this issue, and may ask more question here or on the service ticket that you log.
The development team has figured out what this issue is occurring (891921) and will be issuing a patch update fairly soon. Please keep an eye on Connection Client update and AutoPIPE Announcements Forum for any updated information.
Regards, Mike Dattilio Design Analysis Engineering Group Senior Analyst Bentley Systems Inc=============================================================================
Answer Verified By: Mike Dattilio