Need help working from home with your Bentley software? We're here to help - click here
AutoPIPE's CAE development team is constantly updating the program with new enhancements based in part on already logged enhancements from Service Requests and our belief what users would like added to the program. However, we would like to provide another avenue for people to voice their opinion on what new features they would like in AutoPIPE.
Please add your comments on what enhancements YOU would like to see added to the next version of AutoPIPE:
Bentley Technical Support Analyst
1. Tool for measuring angles. It can be extended existing Tools / Distance or can be created standalone Tools / Angle.
2. Result / Grids - add option Select/Unselect all Combinations or Types of support.
1. Occasional loads, like wind, seismic and snow, but especially wind, have mostly been based on American standards (like ASCE), which makes it hard for European work to accurate model wind loads. Suggestion to include an option in AutoPIPE, to define occ. loads (like wind, seismic and snow) based on relevant EN standards (EN 1991-1-4, EN 1998-1 and EN 1991-1-3, respecitvely), using also the national annexes. This way, the user only has to select the region the piping system is in, and AutoPIPE can apply the local values for occ loads (based on antional annexes), and relvant calulcattion methods (EN 199x-series standards).
2. EN 13480 piping codes updates;
- 2012 update (or, when V9.6 already includes, a bugfix on that AutoPIPE now displays EN 13480 2012)
- use issue numbers rather than year edition, and
- incorporate whether or not amendments or corrigendum have been incorporated
3. Option to calculate more accurate SIF's by means of FEA, e.g. like PCL gold. B31(.x) Codes are known to have inaccurate SIFs.
4. Include the EN 1591-1 calculation methodology for flanges/flange leakage. This method is known to be more accurate than ASME VIII-1 App 2 or VIII-2. Another suggestion for AutoPIPE to include on improved flange analysis; there's some excellent work by W. Brown on a simplified closed form formula (which is kind of like the ANSI flange check formula) to calculate the leak potential of a flange based on operating conditions, like p, T, F, M (PVP2013-97814)
The coordinate axes (left bottom) are not displayed when a pipe is in front of it; I would suggest the coordinate system display should always be visible.
1. Allowable Loads input to Anchor (for equipment nozzles) to see ratio when checking Restrain Results. I my opinion Reference Point option and than ploting raport to see ratio is very slow - to many clicks.
2. Hanger length field as a user input to have an angle control after pipe displacement (usually not more than 4 deg) - maybe not so nessesery but would be nice to report it somehow.
3. Proper slope control for corresponding loads cases - true scale deflected shape would be usefull. (now it's possible to export deflected shape to DGN and see it in other cad program, or maybe I don't know everything.)
Regards / Pozdrawiam,