How to resolve AutoPIPE switching to DEMO mode, after being successfully activated, while working on a model.
AutoPIPE returns the "E738-1: Sorry, Demo version limit of 20 points exceeded" error message (here below) albeit having been successfully installed and activated.
This can happen when AutoPIPE was not installed and activated using the "Run as Administrator" option, available in the right click context menu of the installation package (or "setup.exe" if installation files have been manually unpacked).
In some environments a process will not be started with administrative rights unless the the above option is used, even if the logged in user is part of the "Administrators" group.
Note: Administrator credentials may be necessary for carrying out the operations here below.
1. Locate "Licensetool.exe", by default in "C:\Bentley\AutoPIPE V8i SELECTseriesX"
2. Right click on the above file and Select "Run as Administrator"
3. Enter Administrator login credentials if required.
4. For SELECT users: repeat activation process
5. For NON-SELECT users: manually check-in license then repeat activation process
6. Wait for successful activation message then close the License Management Tool
Now start AutoPIPE, make sure the correct Edition is selected, place 5-6 points in a model and check that license has not reverted back to Demo in:
AutoPIPE V8i 09.06.01.xx and higher: select File> License Configuration>
AutoPIPE V8i 09.06.00.xx and lower: select Tools> Settings> Edition>
Reinstalling AutoPIPE with Administrative rights may be necessary when Option 1 does not resolve the issue
1. Make sure all your data is backed up
2. Uninstall AutoPIPE
3. Locate AutoPIPE installation package
4. Right click on the above file and Select "Run as Administrator"
5. Enter Administrator login credentials if required
6. Complete AutoPIPE installation as usual
7. Activate AutoPIPE and select the correct "Configuration / Edition"
Demo mode issues
Interactive Guide to Licensing