You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
What typical licensing trouble shooting steps can I use for PlantFLOW 06.01.0xx.xx and lower?
Is this a new installation that has never worked before?
Or an existing installation, where the application just stopped working?
" PlantFLOW v.06.01.00.05" Plant Security v.08.06.00.01" LIC pointer file, point to the computer where the Select Server Gateway is installed, case sensitive.
Confirm the following are updated and status set to started (control panel/admin tools/services/)" Select Server XM, 08.11.01.64, services started " Select Server Gateway, 08.11.01.64, services started
On the user's computer, assuming OS is XP:
1. Log off, and have someone with Local Administrative rights log on.
2. Select Start > Programs> Bentley> Plant Security> License Check In/out.
3. After the program started, press Browse button, and browse to the LIC files at: C:\Program Files\Bentley\program\licensing.
4. Select the PlantFLOW.lic or PlantFLOWpl.lic file and press Open button.
If the gateway is working and license is available on the Select Server XM, you should see a list of all your applications and number of days left in the license term.
If the term is past due, please contact the Bentley license group to update your contract
If you do not see this list, verify: LIC file content is correct, computer connection to the server, gateway services are started, and the Select Server XM is on.
You cannot continue to the next step until you see this list.
5. Highlight / Select PlantFLOW from the available listed products and press Check Out button.
6. The select product license should also appear in the lower section of the dialog screen.
7. Please try to start PlantFLOW on this user computer.
8. Now, close PlantFLOW, check the license back in using Plant Security, highlight the PlantFLOW license in the lower section and press Check-in button.
9. After the license has been checked back in, try to Start PlantFLOW again on the same computer.
10. On a separate user's computer try to start PlantFLOW. Everything should be working now (if the 2nd computer fails to open PlantFLOW correctly, repeat steps 1-10 on the 2nd computer)
On the machine that SELECT Server XM is installed on
(***Please note: If this is Select Server 08.11.00.00 or newer please copy the YACLAP.dll from C:\Program Files\Bentley\SELECTserver\Bin to C:\Program Files\Bentley\SELECTserver then run the following from a command line.***)
A. Click Start -> Run
B. Type cmd in the Open text box and click OK
C. Type CD C:\Program Files\Bentley\SELECTServer and press ENTER
D. Type changeloglevels /level:TRACE and press ENTER
E. Type IISRESET and press ENTER
F. Restart the Gateway Service
1. Type NET STOP "Bentley SELECT Server Gateway" and press ENTER
2. Type NET START "Bentley SELECT Server Gateway" and press ENTER
G. Restart the SELECT Server XM service
1. Type NET STOP "Bentley SELECT Server" and press ENTER
2. Type NET START "Bentley SELECT Server" and press ENTER
H. Repeat Steps #1 above
Pre-XM versions of PlantFLOW are known to have issues with the SELECT Server Gateway. However, the following workaround may resolve the problem.
This process checks out a license for PlantFLOW on the Gateway computer that will be used to satisfy license requests for pre-XM versions of the product on client workstations.
The Gateway license workaround makes the Plant Security Check-in-out workaround in Step #1 unnecessary. A license does not need to be checked out on the client machine prior to opening PlantFLOW. PlantFLOW should automatically retrieve a license when opened now that a license is checked out on the Gateway.
As for the cause, PlantFLOW licenses work differently than most other Bentley product licenses. This different behavior does not work well with the SELECT Server Gateway. PlantFLOW XM should be released early next year.
After 30 days, the license would be automatically checked back in to Select Server; you will have to repeat this process again.
If PlantFLOW fails to start after following the above suggestions, please follow the trouble shooting section at the bottom of the document I sent you (Download - Install - Update PlantFLOW.pdf).
If you require more assistance, please log a service request and include the following 8 items:
Start the “System Information” Application located on the Start> Programs> Accessories> System Tools program menu or 1. Click Start and Select Run, Type “msinfo32” and press enter . After opening, select File> Save> USER_NAME.nfo, save the file and send for review. (Item #1)
Select Server Computer
1. First you will need to enable the following system variables
a. Create a new folder, C;\log
b. Right click on My Computer> Properties.
c. Select the Advanced tab.
d. Select the “Environment Variables” button.
e. In the lower section, System variables, press New button
f. In the lower section, System variables, press New button agai
g. On the user’s computer, try to Start PlantFLOW. After it starts in DEMO mode, close the application.
h. Back on the server, navigate to the License Management Tool and press F9.
i. Find and send the C:\LOG\USERLICDEBUG.LOG (Item #2).
j. Important: DELETE these system variables after you had sent the log files.
2. Open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Bentley\Licensing\
a. License.log (Item #3)
b. Transmit.log (Item #4)
c. Licdebug.log (Item #5)
3. Open C:\Program Files\Bentley\SELECTserver\Logs\
a. SS-Bentley.SelectServer.Gateway.exe.log (Item #6)
4. Start the “System Information” Application located on the Start> Programs> Accessories> System Tools program menu or Click Start and Select Run, Type “msinfo32” and press enter. After opening, select File> Save> SERVER_NAME.nfo, save the file and send for review. (Item #7)
5. Search your hard drive for the following file”Revision_History_IEGLCS.TXT” (Item #8)
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please submit any comments you have on this Wiki article tothe "Comments" area below. THANK YOU!