ADL Pipe was created in 1960's and was purchased by Bentley in 2006. The software kernel from ADL PIPE was merged into AutoPIPE. Following this merger of these applications, fixing many ADL Pipe issues, and with no more development being done to ADL Pipe, outside of the ADL Pipe Translator into AutoPIPE, ADL Pipe was deprecated in 2007.
At this time, users of ADL Pipe can continue to use the application under the current method of adding a special hardware dongle to the computer running the application. Bentley no longer has stock of nor supports these hardware dongles, so the current number of dongles in circulation among users are the only ones available, ever.
Bentley has no mechanism of licensing ADL Pipe with the current Licensing Management Tool architecture. In addition, most companies are not paying any Select License Agreement on ADL Pipe. Essential, Bentley is allowing most of the ADL Pipe community to use the application for free. Therefore the only option to continue using ADL Pipe is to maintain computer hardware that supports installation of the specialized hardware dongle. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
If you have further questions or concerns about this topic, please file a service request to see what other options may be available.
When trying to run the following marcro file with the indicated ADL PIPE model they system works fine when connected to the internet but does not function correctly when the system is disconnected.
ADLPOST MFC application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.
For more information about this error, click here.
Why is that being displayed and how to fix it?
First, ADL Pipe is not concerned with being connected or disconnected from the internet. The program was developed long before the internet was widely available. Again connected or disconnected to the internet is not an issue. The only massively import parameters are :
A. The model files are in correct folder location.B. The macro files are in correct folder location.C. All the files involved have the correct file extensions.D. A valid HASP dongle is connected to a functional serial port on the back of the computer.
The message is being displayed because a command issued to ADL Pipe caused it to crash. Thus, displaying the message.
1. Is the ADL Pipe dongle on the back of the computer, plugged firmly into a serial port?
2. Is there serial port working properly?
Confirm this with various control panel commands or try to print a document through the serial port to a printer. If printed, then yes the serial port is working.
3. Were the hasp drivers installed?
Go to the following Web site, download and install the correct HASP drivers for your computer:
4. If installing ADL pipe for first time, be sure that you followed the Readme.TXT file:
(1) Install ADLPIPE 4F10.1(2) Copy adlpipe.exe (4F10.2C5) to to replace installed adlpipe.exe (4F10.1) file(3) If c:\windows\system32\dformd.dll does not exist, copy dformd.dll to C:\windows\system32(4) Install latest version of HASP driver from:
5. The file extensions for all models and macros is *.ADI, do not use any other file extension (i.e. CMR, TXT, DOC, etc..).
6. Are the files in the correct folder locations?
Model files should be in the following folder locations:
Pre-Processor: C:\ ADLPIPE10\ IN\ ADL\ ADI
Post-Processor: C:\ ADLPIPE10\ OUT\ ADL\ ADO
Macro Files are only used by the Post Processor and should be in the following folder location:
C:\ ADLPIPE 10\ IN\ PST\ PSI
7. Confirm the files referenced in the Marco have the correct name and file extension?
8. Confirm the ADL Pipe model files referenced by the Macro can be processed manually.
8. Verify all the commands in the macro are correct. Suggest truncating the macro file until runs with out error, and then slowly add lines until it no longer works. Thus narrowing in on the problem with in the macro file.
After following all these tips, the model and macro should perform as written. If they did not resolve the issue, please contact TSG for further support.
What are all the versions of ADL pipe that were released?