Reports take a considerable amount of time to generate and be displayed in the AutoPIPE Report Viewer, why and what can be done?
Open the AutoPIPE readme file located in the program folder: default = C:\ Bentley\ AutoPIPE V8i SELECTseries\ readme_autopipe.htm
After the document is opened, select the System Requirement Hyperlink and review the requirements. Compare these requirements against your computer system (Start> Control Panel> System.
Note: AutoPIPE cannot be installed on the following Windows Operating Systems: Home Premium, Home Basic, or Starter.
Depending on the settings and size of the model some reports can exceed several thousand sheets. Yes your computer may the minimum requirements mentioned above, but this may not be enough system resources to run a sizable model and/or output report. Recommend adding additional computer memory, faster processor, etc..
Save the model to a folder on the hard drive and run it from this location. Does this decrease the time it takes AutoPIPE to generate a complete output report?
If so, your network is slow and needs to be addressed by your It department
If not, continue.
The easiest way to be sure most of the other applications are turned off in the background is to reboot the computer and only start AutoPIPE. With only AutoPIPE running, open the model having the problem and now try to create an output report. Does this decrease the time it takes AutoPIPE to generate a complete output report?
If so, it may be related to insufficient system resources.
After completing step #3 above, also suggest to temporarily disable Virus protection software and/or any Document Management software as these application can impede AutoPIPE's functionality and performance. Contact local IT department to help with this task.
Does this decrease the time it takes AutoPIPE to generate a complete output report?If so, it may be related to insufficient system resources.
The CAE development team is constantly working towards increasing AutoPIPE's performance. Therefore, suggest to update the application to take advantage of new enhancements and fixed issues.
Perform the following steps to interrogate APIPEView speed and response time:
1. Close AutoPIPE.
2. Go into the folder where the model is stored that delete the *.OUT file.
3. Next go to AutoPIPE root directory ( default: C:\Bentley\AutoPIPE V8i SELECTseries) or search your hard drive for the following file: "apipview.exe". Using the Left mouse button double click on the program to run it; what happens? Does AutoPIPE View start, if so how long did it take to appear on screen?
4. Go back to the AutoPIPE Folder and rename this file from "apipview.exe" to another name, (example: test-apipview.exe).
4. Start AutoPIPE.
5. Open the model from the same folder in step #1 above, run analysis and try to create a complete output report with all sub-reports enabled; again what happens? Does AutoPIPE View start, if so how long did it take to appear on screen compare to above step #3?
6. IF the following is displayed:
"Failed to initialize "c:\bentley\autopipe v8i selectseries5\apipview.exe"
That is OK, go to the same model folder, refresh the file listing in the folder, search for the modelname.OUT file it should have been created. Send this file back to Bentley for review.
a. Send the results of these efforts from all the steps above back to Bentley for review, including the *.OUT file in step #7.
b. As a preemptive step, you may be ask to join a live meeting, see the following WIKI here for installing TeamViewer software. Also at the bottom of the same WIKI are instructions to install WINDBG software. If you can not install both of these software applications, ask your IT department for assistance.