How to model a short (1D), long (1.5D), 3D, 5D, or custom bend radius Elbows in AutoPIPE?
AutoPIPE's Bend Point dialog screen has a Bend radius field which defaults to Long radius with pull down options
Options for this field:
1. Accept the default setting (Long)
2. Highlight the entire field value, and then manually enter a numeric number for the Bend radius.
3. Select an options from the Drop Down Listing: Long (1.5D) , short (1D), 3D, or 5D.
Note: units for the field are in bottom right hand corner of application screen.
Node point numbering
A bend indicates a change in piping direction. For each bend in a system, there are at least four points placed in the model by AutoPIPE.
1. The most important of these is the tangent intersection point (TIP). The tangent points at the beginning and end of the bend are located automatically based on the location of the TIP. The other important points are
2. The start of the bend (Near point) which is tangent to arc of the bend and previous node point
3. The end of the bend (Far point) which is tangent to arc of the bend and next node point
4. The Mid point which can be located at any position along the arc of the bend, between the Near and Far point.
Node point numbering depends on the "Default point name format" setting on Edit Model Options dialog.
When the "Point name format" = "Alphanumeric" and the "Point name offset" = "10", the point names in the WALKTHRU model below start with A00 and are incremented by 10, i.e. A00, A10, A20, etc. At bends e.g. A20 the near point is A20N and far point is A20F.
When the "Point name format" = "Numeric" and the "Point name offset" = "10", the point names in the WALKTHRU model start with 10 and are incremented by 10, i.e. 10, 20, 30, etc. The near and far points of the bends are assigned unique numeric values instead of appending the character "N" or "F" to the point name as for alphanumeric numbering. For example if the bend tip is point 30, the near and far points of the first bend in the WALKTHRU model below are assigned 20 and 40, respectively
Offset = 1
Bend & Miter Piping Component