The following appears after starting LMT or when working in LMT
---------------------------Failed to contact the license server---------------------------Failed to retrieve a list of available licenses---------------------------OK ---------------------------
Why and how to fix it?
One or more of the following may be affecting why the above message is being displayed.
1. As mentioned in the message, the LMT has failed to connect with the Hosted / Deployed SELECTserver. Typical reasons are:
2. You were removed from the list of authorized people able to use a specified Server Name and Site Activation Key after you had already signed up.
3. Something happen to your Server Name / Site Activation key settings in LMT.
4. Your internet connection has failed.
5. The Hosted has been disconnected for maintenance reasons
a. see the following web site here, A sticky notification is posted at the top if there is an extended outage. Quick outages for about 10-20 minutes are typically not reported.
b. Some users may receive notification that they are disconnected from the server. This behavior is normal. Bentley applications will continue to license without interruption.
c. You may be temporarily unable to use product licenses that were not activated within thirty days of installation. For more information, please refer to the online Wiki article describing Product Activation Modes of Behavior.
d. The exception to this rule would be certain Structural Products, such as RAM, STAAD, and AutoPIPE, that will always show with a "Trial Expires" status. Please view the following list of affected products.
e. If you are unable to use your software because the Hosted SELECTserver is down, please contact Bentley On-Site Admin who will then contact Bentley Technical Support - Licensing department for further assistance.
6. For Deployed SELECTservers, typically your company IT department is in charge of the SELECTserver location and technical support. These servers can have intermittent outages that are beyond Bentley's control. In addition, the Deplyed SELECTserver could have been moved to a different location where the Tools> Options> SELECTserver Name setting may need to be updated. Please contact your Bentley On-site admin.
7. Your contract or training license has expired.
Step #1: Check your internet connection to be sure that you computer can ping the internet or ping the Deployed SELECTserver location.
Step #2: Contact your Bentley On-Site Admin, who can:
a. Confirm your Server Name and Site Activation Key.
b. Look at the SELECTserver for Checkout / Product Restrictions
c. Follow up to see if the Hosted Server is down.
Step #3: Nothing can be done in LMT with the specified Server Name and Site Activation until F9 command can be completed without displaying the failed dialog screen above.
Interactive Guide to Licensing
the "Comments" area below. THANK YOU!