Need help working from home with your Bentley software? We're here to help - click here
Trouble shooting issues that arise when creating / updating a new AutoPIPE Material library:
Strong suggestions in trouble shooting tips and techniques:
1. Strongly suggest to use an application like Ultra Edit, NotePAD++, etc.. that clearly indicates current cursor position and row number.
2. Always, Always, Always name your custom material file to a different name than that used by AutoPIPE. Very important to not reuse default AutoPIPE *.LIB names.
3. Highly suggest to create a new folder on the C:> to work on the new material file. Start by Turn on "Show all characters" settings.
4. Material files should not contain any Tabs or Automatic Indents. Search and destroy all Non-ASCII characters like Tabs and indents. File should only contain spaces and text data.
Note: see that line 23 in image above has a Tab character, This would cause the file be compiled with errors.
5. The last entry in every table needs to have an asterisk at the start of the material name. No other material name should start in column #1.
6. When adding a new material, prefer to highlight & copy an complete table entry for a material
Then paste it so that it is not the first or last entry.
7. When performing any edits in a material library switch from INS (insert) mode to OVR (overwrite) mode.
This will ensure that you do not add extra spacing and maintains Column alignment (very important)
Remember, being a custom module, Bentley cannot be held responsible for the inaccuracy of the new library content. It is your responsibility to verify the following information: a. Verification of data in the SRC file b. Verification of data in the Press / Temp. dialog c. Verification of relevant data in the Pipe Properties dialog+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++