You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
How Do I Install Bentley AutoPIPE CONNECT 10.00.00.10.
1. This procedure assumes that Select Server XM has been install and configured, If not please contact the license group to assist you.
2. Must log onto user's computer with full Administration rights.
3. Suggest that AutoPIPE CONNECT is installed while accepting all the default settings.
a. Prefer that the application is not installed over a network connection; suggest that the EXE file is on the users system before starting the installation.
b. If you have already installed AutoPIPE V8i, using add/remove programs uninstall: all previous versions of AutoPIPE " PCF to NTL translator " ADLPipe to NTL translator " Bentley STRAIT
c. Navigate to the EXE file download using the download procedure.
d. Double click on the "ap10000010en.exe" to start the installation process.Note: Be patient while the application is installing as it is checking to verify programs already installed, verifying drive space, etc.. there may be periods when it appears nothing is happening. Give the system time. In the event the installation stops a warning / error will be presented. Just follow the prompts and be patient. Highly recommended that all applications are closed during the installation process. On average it will take 6-8 min to install everything.
Select Yes button:
Press Next button:
Press Next button:
Press Next button:
Enable check-box and then press the Next button:
Enable all the check -boxes as needed, (default all), and press Next button:
Press Install button:
Be patient as the program is now installing the application:
Note: If the following screen appears, 1st press the Save Log file button, save the file to a known location, and then 2nd press the Finish button.
After the screen above appears, the computer must be completely rebooted. After Rebooting the computer, start the installation all over by double clicking on the "ap10000010en.exe" again, perform all the steps above again, and this time the Wizard Failed screen above should not appear. Continue with the installation below.
1. If installing on Win 10, be sure to install Win10 sp1 first, and then try installing AutoPIPE.
2. If the problem above persists, Download and install Bentley Connection Client (v10.0.1.11) first and then install AutoPIPE.
3. This installer has some shortcomings; it requires 2 different versions of .Net to be installed which are downloaded from Web. As such an internet connections is required for this process to work. Also, Windows 8 and on wards blocks our installers to ship or install .Net and installs using Windows Update Service. There are however some standard ways of working around it by an administrator of the organization to setup .Net from a Windows mapped drive.
4. The CAE development team is working on an updated version of this installer and will be available in the next program version.
Again Be patient as the program completes the installation:
Click Finish button:
After clicking Finish button the AutoPIPE readme file will be displayed, click here for a WIKI posting of this file:
Finished, AutoPIPE has now been installed, continue:
If the program will not install based on the instructions above, please log a Bentley Service Request mentioning this page and include a copy of the Error log mentioned above
Install any Dependencies that were also downloaded (typically double click on the EXE files that were downloaded). Detailed installation procedures for these other applications can be found on other WIKI pages or readme files
Before starting AutoPIPE, continue to STEP #3: Set-Up Licensing
Download, Install, and License AutoPIPE CONNECT 10.00.xx.xx and higher
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please submit any comments you have on this Wiki article tothe "Comments" area below. THANK YOU!