Will I incur usage if the software is installed but never opened?
How to uninstall AutoPIPE from my computer?
The best approach to uninstalling AutoPIPE from a computer is to use the procedure outlined below:
1. video of these steps is at the bottom of this WIKI page.
2. So long as AutoPIPE is not opened, the application will not send a signal to LMT for a license and report usage for that license to your account. Therefore, AutoPIPE can remain installed on a computer just do not open the application for any reason. The moment that the AutoPIPE is opened, usage will be reported.
Right-click the Start button and click Control Panel. Go to Programs and Features (if your Control Panel is in Category view, go to Uninstall a Program).
Open Control Panel>
Start Programs and Features>
Open Control Panel>
Start Add/Remove Programs>
After the applications has opened, a listing of all the programs installed on the computer are displayed. Uninstall the following programs in this order, if listed:
a. Best to order programs by Publisher (i.e. all Bentley applications will then be grouped together)
b. For those who have AutoPIPE CONNECT 10.00.00.10 installed, 1st uninstall, "Bentley Connect Setup", all others continue to step 2.
1. AutoPIPE Connect Edition.
Note: by uninstalling this one program should uninstall the rest of the following programs. Continue to uninstall any of those remaining after this program has been removed.
2. Bentley ADLPipe to AutoPIPE Translator (aka ADLPipe translator)
3. Bentley AutoPIPE Batch File Generator
4. Bentley AutoPIPE
5. Bentley AutoPIPE Nozzle (aka WinNOZL)
6. Bentley PCF to AutoPIPE Translator (aka PCF translator)
7. Bentley Strait to AutoPIPE translator (aka STRAIT translator)
After theses applications have been uninstalled, delete the following folders if present:
Note: in Explorer enter "%appdata%" on the address bar
3. C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\
a. AutoPIPE Translators
b. AutoPIPE Nozzle V8i
c. AutoPIPE xxx
d. AutoPIPE BatchGenerator
DONE, AutoPIPE and all applications installed with AutoPIPE have been removed from the computer.
Computer must now be restarted to confirm application being uninstalled.
Note: Your version may be different but the process is fairly similar.
There are times when the application cannot be uninstalled using the above procedure. In those case, try this Microsoft tool by following instruction on the web page to uninstall AutoPIPE software.
Download, Install, Release Note information