Need help working from home with your Bentley software? We're here to help - click here
Can AutoPIPE's installation folder be locked against user access?
Depends on what version of AutoPIPE is being used.
Some organizations and users are interested in ensuring that the installation folder is locked out or read-only. This is not possible prior to CONNECT edition as installation directory also includes several program and user configurable files which need a read/write permission.
Until such organizations upgrade to CONNECT edition, one short term fix / avoidance for such organizations is to lock out the entire installation directory as read-only and then manually only open the files which program needs write permissions. Since there are plenty of such files to manually enable write access to, we have created a batch file to do it.
Following are the steps to employ this solution.
1. Close all AutoPIPE applications that are open before continuing
2. Mark entire installation directory as read-only
3. Download the following file here.
4. Open the file in any text editor (MS Word, Ultra Edit, NotePad, etc..).
5. Update the 2nd and 3rd line underlined parameters with your installation directory
6. Save the file to *.BAT extension and run it on your machine.
As mentioned earlier, with this version of AutoPIPE higher the installation folder is locked to user access. For any changes to the default program files are now accessed by going to the user profile folder using the following procedure:
1. Open AutoPIPE.
2. Select Tools > Preference > User Profile > Explore
These files can be modified for the user currently logged into the computer.