1. Open the Customizable Files Management in the main window of AutoPIPE Vessel:
2. Click on Choose File.
3. Open the word file dimsad.
4. Observe that the detailed dimensions and the nomenclatures are all clearly displayed in the sketch:
5. Scroll down to the first row of the table; observe the various dimensions and parameters for APVessel type of saddle are listed. The design standards in the saddle dialog box will appear in the order in which they are individually listed in this table. A new standard called test would be added in a new row inserted at the red arrow. New standards must be added at the top of the table. Note it is very important to mention VE/ST/SB in types, the definitions of which are included at the beginning of the document dimsad.
6. Follow all the instructions and definitions at the beginning of the document, all dimensions are entered in mm.
7. As shown below a new standard of saddle called Test has been created for diameters ranging from 400 mm to 3000 mm and 135 degree saddle angle and for vessels (type VE). Likewise, following similar process other types like SB, ST can also be created.
8. Once all the parameters have been entered click on save and click on Move to Production. This will activate the changes made in the file dimsad.
9. Create a simple vessel/heat exchanger, eg. a horizontal pressure vessel has been created here to ensure proper implementation of the new saddle design.
10. Double click on the saddle and open the Support Properties window: Notice that the new standard Test now appears in the Selected Standard dropdown menu.
11. Observe that all the fields are populated automatically from the table for the selected standard that was created.
12. Close the window by clicking OK.
13. View the 3D model of the pressure vessel. The model correctly displays the detailed geometry and this concludes the successful implementation of the newly created standard.