In AutoPIPE Vessel, option to add weight of packing is not provided in the Vessel Properties dialog box In order to consider the weight of the packing during lifting, please do the following steps:
1. Make sure all the relevant fields for the packing are defined in the packing dialog box:
2. Click on the strength calculations icon in the main window and run calculations.
3. Visit the weight summary area of the calculation report and note the weight of the packing, 844 lb in this case.
4. Click Insert>Loads in the main window:
5. In the load dialog box, enter under vertical load the above packing weight (ie. 844 lbs.) under the column “Lift”:
6. Click OK, run calculations and check the weight summary of the report again, observe that the weight of the packing (844lbs) is now applied under External loads>Lifting.