How to model a Large double offset valve
Assuming the valve is installed vertically up as shown above.
1. Model piping to the inlet BW location (A00). From this point model the same size piping to the center-line of the valve (A01).
2. Model from center-line of inlet valve vertically down to center-line of exit piping (A02).
3. Change to Exit Pipe Properties size. Model horizontally from center-line of exit piping to exit flange location (A03) and insert a flange component. Flange weight - 0.00 lbs.
4. Highlight all the piping that represent the equipment (A00 - A03) and insert "Rigid options over range" with "include weight" checked OFF and "Include thermal expansion" checked ON.
5. Next need to account for the weight of the equipment. You have options here. Choose one of the following:
a. select from A00 to A03, insert distributed load, combine with load case = GR, determine the weight of the equipment and spread it out evenly across the selected pipe.
b. Insert all weight at one location, Insert> Extra Data> Weight = total weight of equipment.
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please submit any comments you have on this Wiki article tothe "Comments" area below. THANK YOU!