How to export a custom report for harmonic displacements with regards to velocity (Vx Vy Vz Vr) using Report Manager in AutoPIPE?
Currently we have the ability to sort harmonic displacements in the output grids which is very helpful, however can velocity columns be added in addition. This would be a huge benefit as field vibration readings and limits are in velocity per API 618. I believe this would just be adding columns for the Vx Vy Vz for those displacements.
Complete this task by using AutoPIPE's Report Manager, see details below for example:
1. Open example model HRMEXP.dat
2. Go to combinations dialog > Non-Code Combinations and create the following two non-code combinations:
a. HARMON 1 (with H1 as load case)b. HARMON 2 (with H2 as load case)
3. On the Non-Code Comb. tab under the combination column of the grid, change the name "HARMON 1" to " Harmon 1" and "HARMON 2" to "Harmon 2" (this is required so that acceleration reports load case name is same as displacement report non-code combination name for Joins to work properly in report manager)
4. Analyze the model and take out Displacement and Accelerations output reports:
5. Invoke Export > SQLITE Database (*.db) [Make sure you have the SQLite Tech Preview enabled]
6. Select Output only and keep "Open Database in AutoPIPE Report Manager
7. On Report Manager, Select Displacement_Data table first and send to the right, followed by Acceleration table
8. Expand both tables, and create a Join. Send Point_Name from both Displacement Data, and Point_Name from Accelerations table to Join 1
9. Create a second join, and send Load_Combination from both tables to that join:
10. Click on Generate Report, and click on Open generated Report. On the generated excel file, hide Point_Name, Soil_Point, and Load_Combination columns (J, K, and L which are duplicates) and you have your final report:
See Video here of procedure mentioned above:
Report Manager reports FAQ