How to delete the snow load from an AutoPIPE model?
There are 2 methods to delete the snow load from your analysis.
The easiest method of removing snow load from a model is to perform the following steps:
1. On the Segment tab of the input grid, un-check snow load for all segments.
2. Under Load> Snow> regardless of Snow load Method, make all values 0.00.
3. From the analysis set dialog screen, for each analysis set, remove check mark next to the Snow Case.
4. Run the analysis, and verify in the complete analysis report that no snow load was analyzed.
However, this method will leave some indication of a snow load when reviewing the model input listing report.
Note that the snow load is set to 0.00 and that it was not applied to any segment, Essentially the Snow load has been removed from the analysis.
A little more involved process, however will complete remove all traces of the snow load from the model input and results.
1. Save the model to Batch (*.NTL) file format
2. Use any text editing software to open the NTL file (ex. Ultra edit, Notepad++, etc...).
3. With the file open search for "Snow"
4. Delete the entire line (ex. 152)
5. Save the file and open the file in AutoPIPE.
No indication of snow load will be found in the model.
"Snow Load" - Load Case