How to review material properties in an AutoPIPE material library?
AutoPIPE facilitates dialog entry by automatically retrieving material information from its libraries (based on the current material library selected on General Model Options dialog). The Tools> Library command allows the contents of a material and component library file (*.LIB) to be printed or scanned interactively.
The process is to select a table for viewing, and then the library name associated with it. In most cases, the "Library name" association will default automatically with the current model (specified in the System dialog when the model was created). However, it should be noted that any library may be viewed, not only those associated with the model. In fact, the Tools>Library command may even be launched without opening a model.
1. Select Tools> Library>
2. Select "Table Type" = Spec or Material
Material table contains general information about the material (i.e. Composition Code, Density, Poisson Ratio) and tabulated data (i.e. Temp vs Thermal Expansion vs Young's Modulus) for each entry.
Specs table contains information about the specific material (i.e. Material, Material Group, Yield Stress, & Ultimate Strength) with tabulated data (i.e. Temp vs Allowable Stress) for each entry.
3. Select "Library name" = B313-06
If a model is opened, default setting will match the current General Model options material library. Otherwise, select a library name from the drop down listing.
4. Action = Scan.
Press OK button
5. AutoPIPE Viewer appears with the B313-06.lib Spec section, excerpt shown below:
6. Repeat Steps 1 - 5 for other selections Table names (i.e. step #2. ex. Material, Creep, Weld (etc..)
1. Above procedure is only the Specs part of the LIB file. Repeat using the same process but select a different Table type (ex. Material, Creep, etc..).
2. The Specification data is connected to the Material data by "Material Group" name, the name must be exactly as shown on the MATL table for the link to work.
3. If a material has different values based upon Wall thickness, the material data will be separated as shown below:Example: A516-G70-sht. material has different data for wall thickness < 0.5 inch, < 1.00 inch, <2.00 inch:
Does AutoPIPE have my material?