How to change Input thermal expansion coefficients for AutoPIPE analysis?
There are 3 methods to adjust the Thermal Expansion coefficient from the default values found in the material library.
1. Select Segments of piping where the coeff. will be updated.
2. Press the toolbar button to "Hide Un-Selected Segments".
3. On the input grid, select the "Press/Temp/PipeID" tab, furthest Left tab.
3. On that tab, locate the Case ,1 - 100, whose's coeff values will be updated.
4. The field maybe grayed out. Un-check the Auto check-box on the left side of the value will change the field so a new user value can be entered.
5. Change the values as needed. These new values update the model database immediately.
1. Select the piping where the coeff. will be updated.
2. Select Modify> "Operating Pressure and Temperature" command
3. On the dialog screen locate the temperature Case, 1 - 100, whose's values will be updated.
4. Scan down the aforementioned column until the row for Expansion values (the field maybe grayed grayed out) and un-check the "Auto" check-box on the left side of the value will change the field so a new user value can be entered.
5. Change the values as needed and press the OK button to apply the new setting(s).
See online help for modifying / updating the material libraries and change the default values as need in the SRC files before compiling them into LIB files to be used with AutoPIPE.
Note: If using Pipe Properties Material = NS, the user is responsible for manually updating all fields of data on both the Pipe Properties Dialog and Press/Temp/Pipe ID dialog as needed. There is no AutoPIPE command to update any material library data that is set to manual input.
"Press/Temp/PipeID" - Input grid tab
How to calculate the Thermal Expansion Coefficient in AutoPIPE?