The Pipelink database format utilized by AutoPIPE CONNECT Edition v11.2 and STAAD.Pro CONNECT Edition has been changed from Microsoft Access to SQLite to support 64-bit operating systems. This change in database formats presents the potential for database file incompatibility when importing Pipelink data between the various versions of the applications. Existing AutoPIPE commands and the standalone Pipelink Database Converter utility provide solutions for every scenario.
NOTE: AutoPIPE v11.2 and lower support the import of all Pipelink database formats (Microsoft Access and SQLite).NOTE: To learn more about converting STAAD.Pro Pipelink database files, click here.
1. From within AutoPIPE select File > Import/Export > Export > Model to STAAD using Pipelink (*.Pipelink) to display the PipeLink Export dialog.
2. Press the Browse button to display the Save As dialog.3. Navigate to the location where the exported Pipelink Access database file will be converted.4. Type the appropriate file name in the File Name field, then press Save.5. Enable the Export Support Loads checkbox to include the support loads in the exchange file.6. Press OK.7. Once the database export is complete, the Log Messages displays the results of the conversion process.
8. Download the Pipelink Database Converter Utility.
NOTE: All files provided in the download must be extracted to the same directory.
9. Run the Run PipelinkDatabaseConverter.exe.10. Press the Browse button adjacent to the Source field to display the Select Database File dialog.11. Navigate to the location of the Pipelink Access database file.12. Select Pipelink (*.pipelink) from the File Type drop-down pick-list.
13. Select the Pipelink Access database file, then press Open.14. Press the Browse button adjacent to the Destination field to display the Save Database File dialog.15. Navigate to the location where the Pipelink SQLite database file will be converted.16. Type the appropriate file name in the File Name field.
NOTE: The .pipelink.db file extension is automatically added.
17. Press Save.
18. Press Convert.19. Once the database conversion is complete, the Log box displays the results of the conversion process.
NOTE: A log is maintained for each instance of the conversion process, and will continue to append. The last conversion log is always on top. You can clear the log by pressing Clear Log.
Pipelink Database Converter Utility Download
Importing AutoPIPE Files into STAAD.Pro CONNECT Edition through Pipelink
Insert> Model From STAAD Using PipeLink
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please submit any comments you have on this Wiki article intoa Bentley SR for review and reply. THANK YOU!