For special cases where the software failed to start normally or terminated abnormally:
Download and install WinDBG software here - install 32 bit version,
After WInDBG software has been downloaded and Installed, perform the following:
1) Open WinDBG application -
Start > Programs > Windows Kit> WinDBG... choose the correct processor, ex. X64, X86, or ARM64
Start > Programs > Debugging Tools for Windows > WinDBG.
2) Select "File > Open Executable".
3) Browse for executable file from folder where program was installed and press Open button.
AutoPIPE browse for "autopipe.exe"
AutoPIPE Vessel browse for "prodia2.exe" ...
Other *.exe file as needed...
4) if message 'Save Information...' appears, press No button.
5) Press F5, and press F5 again. the executable selected above will now try to run.
6) Use the application as usual until to error occurs or that the program crashes. Only then go to step #7.
Note: in the background WINDBUG application is recording hundreds of lines of information related to exactly what is happening on your computer.
7) Before going to step 8, locate the WinDBG log window:
a. Select the WINDBG log window to make the current active window
b. Use Cntl+A to select all the text
c. Use Cntl+C to Copy the text
d. Open any text editor (ex. Notepad++, MS Word, etc..),
e. Use Cntl+P to Paste the text into the editor
f. Save the file as "WinDBG log file.TXT"
g. Send a copy of file to Bentley for review.
8) After completing Step #7, Stop debugging from menu: "Debug> Stop debugging".
Note: The following is shown in WinDBG log after using Stop debugging command. and is not apart of the log file needed by Bentley development. Repeat steps 1-7 above one more time.