Is there a way thru config file or registry to make sure License type is set to a specific edition (ex. Advanced) on startup?
Yes, autoplan.cnf file in the user profile directory and/or program installation directory has the default license selection.
1. Close any running instances of AutoPIPE
2. Run %appdata%
3. This should open user’s roaming profile directory as shown below
C:\ Users\ username\ AppData\ Roaming
4. Browse to folder inside roaming profile
\Bentley \AutoPIPE CONNECT xx
5. Edit autoplan.cnf file in notepad
6. Find the entry for “DEFAULT EDITION” and set it to 2 as shown below
7. Save the autoplan.cnf.
8. Starting AutoPIPE now will use the Advanced license as default.
If the user has admin rights on the machine, the may be able to update autoplan.cnf inside of the installation directly. For most users though with limited privileges, they can do the same in their roaming user profile directory.