You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
AutoPIPE report icon appears on the task bar but the report viewer is not visible on screen, how to reset the report viewer open location?
AutoPIPE's Report Viewer (APIPViewer) reads hard coded information from one of the programming text files to establish the location where the window will appear. If the X & Y location values are larger than the current viewing area, an icon may appear in the task bar but the viewer will be displayed out of view. Use the following procedure to reset the Report Viewer opening location.
1. Close any running instances of AutoPIPE
2. Run %appdata%
3. This should open user’s roaming profile directory as shown below
C:\ Users\ username\ AppData\ Roaming
4. Browse to folder inside roaming profile
\Bentley \AutoPIPE CONNECT xx
5. Locate apipview.xml
a. Open this file in NotePAD and edit the X and Y locations to a reasonable values (ex. 500 for both)
b. Delete this file from the folder
6. Save the file with the same filename and location.
7. Starting AutoPIPE now will use the new settings configured as default.
If the user has admin rights on the machine, they may be able to update this file inside of the installation directly. For most users with limited privileges, use the procedure outlined above.
FAQ on reports