While installing the application the application displayed the following:
After the installation abort, the following was found in the error log file:
i360: Creating a system restore point.w363: Could not create system restore point, error: 0x80070422. Continuing...i370: Session begin, registration key: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\...e000: Error 0x8007051b: Failed to secure cache path: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\e000: Error 0x8007051b: Failed to secure cache directory: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\
Why is this happening and how to Avoid it?
This could be a permissions issue.
AutoPIPE should be installed by person who has full permissions to mulitple folder locations (ex. %ProgramData%, C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\, etc..". Contact your IT department and ask that they confirm / update your computer permissions for Everyone, System, Administrators, and User as needed.
Suggest the following:
1. Uninstall AutoPIPE
2. Remove following folders if present:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\AutoPIPE CONNECT
- C:\ProgramData\Bentley\AutoPIPE CONNECT
- C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Bentley\AutoPIPE CONNECT
3. Reboot the computer
4. Work with your IT department that person Signing into computer has Local Admin rights.
5. Navigate to the following folder:
- C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\
Try to create a file in this folder. Do you have read and write access to this folder?
If No, then work with IT to have a person with Admin rights log onto the computer to install the applications.
6. Only after completing step 5 above continue here, try to install the AutoPIPE by right mouse clicking on the installer file and select "Run as Administrator"
7. Use all default settings to install the application.
Does the application install correctly?
IF not, use process here to get more information. Log a Service Request, reference this WIKI, and send WINDBG log file for review.
Errors that occur when Installing / Uninstalling