When installing the program, installation appears to be stuck / frozen when installing pre-requisites, example Microsoft Visual C++...:
What can be done to complete installation?
Typically the cause of this would be
1. Virus Protection sees AutoPIPE as an invasive application
2. User read / Write Permission to folder locations
3. Pre-requisites have not been installed
1. Add AutoPIPE as an exception / OK program to be installed and used.
2. Update User's permissions to Read / write to all AutoPIPE required folder locations.
3. AutoPIPE will attempt to install all of the pre-requisites, however this may take a considerable amount of time to download and install. All the while appearing that the install has stopped, stuck, froze, etc.. Possible reasons include but not limited to: slow internet speed on the user's end, slow internet speed on the Web site side, a pre-requisite has additional pre-requisite(s) that must be downloaded and installed first, etc..
The best course of action is to review the program's release notes / readme file for a list of pre-requisites. Manually download all of the pre-requisites and install before trying to install AutoPIPE. Also suggest to download and install the latest edition of CONNECTION Client before trying to install AutoPIPE.
If the issue continues, suggest:
1. the installer log files may provide some details about the issue. The logs are created in temp directory. The AutoPIPE log file start with "AutoPIPE_setup". The Redistributable log file start with either "dd_vcredist" or "Microsoft Visual C++".
2. There could be a application running in the background (ex. virus protection) that prevents the application from installing. Recommend to reboot the computer, only load required applications to start the computer and suspend all virus protection temporarily during the duration of the install. Also recommend that AutoPIPE programs be added to acceptable program list and to allow read / write to AutoPIPE program folders
Errors that occur when Installing / Uninstalling