You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
After the application is started, user can see thru the application to the desktop or see a blank white screen after a model has been opened.
Some example screenshots showing the issue:
Please complete the following steps:
1. Start AutoPIPE2. Select File> open> AutoPIPE Database (DAT)3. Browse for the following model, C:\Bentley\AutoPIPE V8i SELECTseries2\Examples\Walkthru.dat4. Open the model.5. What do you see on your screen, the model or the desk top behind the AutoPIPE application (suggest sending a screen shot)?
The most common solution to your problem is to set the hardware acceleration = none:
Win XP:Change computer display properties: Control Panel> Display> Settings tab>Advanced button> Troubleshoot Tab> select hardware acceleration = none. Then try to open a model in AutoPIPE.
Win 7:1. Choose Start > Control Panel.2. Double click Personalization and select Display Settings.3. Click Advanced Settings.4. Click Change Settings on the Troubleshooting tab.5. Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None.6. Click Apply and then click OK to accept the new setting and close the dialog box.7. Click OK to close the Display Properties dialog box
If the dialog is grayed out, your video card will not let you change the setting. Suggest the following, try to restart AutoPIPE after each step:
1. Update graphics card driver2. Verify all Microsoft Win 7 updates have been completed.3. Contact your graphic card manufacture and request a procedure to disable graphic acceleration.
If this does not work, suggest that you try the following:
1. Does the computer meet the minimum requirements? See help> Contents> Bentley AutoPIPE> Getting Started> Installation and Authorization> Installation> System requirements
2. Change the size of the application’s window (using the corners of the application, click, hold and drag, to resize the application window, after doing so the application graphics should refresh).
3. Change hardware acceleration inside AutoPIPE, View>Setting> Uncheck Enable hardware acceleration.
4. Control Panel> Display> Appearance> Effects, "Use transition effects for menus and tooltips" should be unchecked
5. Update computer’s OPENGL display drivers.
6. Disable virus protection or document management applications, and then try to run the program. Some software are reporting high CPU usage on PCs running windows.
This is a known issue for product developer reported as: CAE-TR-8090 Product: AutoPIPE V8iVersion: 09.00.00.00
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please submit any comments you have on this Wiki article tothe "Comments" area below. THANK YOU!