You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
After the application is started, user can see thru the application to the desktop or see a blank white screen after a model has been opened.
Some example screenshots showing the issue:
A. See through the application to the desk top:
B. Trailing windows:
C. Black Screen:
Open the AutoPIPE readme file located in the program folder: default = C:\ Bentley\ AutoPIPE V8i SELECTseries\ readme_autopipe.htm
After the document is opened, select the System Requirement Hyperlink and review the requirements. Compare these requirements against your computer system (Start> Control Panel> system>).
Note: AutoPIPE cannot be installed on the following Windows Operating Systems: Home Premium, Home Basic, or Starter.
1. Start AutoPIPE2. Select File> Open> AutoPIPE Database (DAT)3. Browse for the following model, C:\ Bentley\ AutoPIPE V8i SELECTseries\ Examples\ Walkthru.dat4. Open the model.5. What do you see on your screen: a. the model, b. Windows desktop behind the AutoPIPE application, or c. black screen? a. Take a screen shot #1 and save the image to a file.7. Go to menu item "View > Settings"8. Toggle "Enable Hardware Acceleration" i.e. if the option is ON turn it OFF and if it is OFF then turn it ON, and press OK button to close the dialog.9. Close AutoPIPE and re-open it to refresh the graphics area.10. What do you see on your screen:
a. the model,
b. Windows desktop behind the AutoPIPE application
c. black screen?
Take a screen shot #2 and save the image to a file.
Change computer display properties: Control Panel> Display> Settings tab>Advanced button> Troubleshoot Tab> select hardware acceleration = none. Then try to open a model in AutoPIPE.
See the following Web site here
1. Choose Start > Control Panel.2. Double click Personalization and select "Display Settings".3. Click "Advanced Settings".4. On the Troubleshooting tab, click "Change Settings" .5. Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None.6. Click Apply and then click OK to accept the new setting and close the dialog box.7. Click OK to close the Display Properties dialog box.
If the dialog is grayed out, your video card will not let you change the setting. Suggest the following, try to restart AutoPIPE after each step:
1. Update graphics card driver2. Verify all Microsoft Win 7 updates have been completed.3. Contact your graphic card manufacture and request a procedure to disable graphic acceleration.
Send image of results back to us in a service request.
1. Change the size of the application’s window (using the corners of the application, click, hold and drag, to resize the application window, after doing so the application graphics should refresh).
2. Control Panel> Display> Appearance> Effects, "Use transition effects for menus and tooltips" should be unchecked
3. Update computer’s OPENGL display drivers.
4. Disable virus protection or document management applications, and then try to run the program. Some software are reporting high CPU usage on PCs running windows. This is a known issue reported as: CAE-TR-8090 , Product: AutoPIPE V8i, Version: 09.00.00.00
5. Run as Administrator mode. It is preferred to permanently set this privilege as shown below. (note: navigate to the icon used to start the application, right click the mouse button on the icon, and select Properties from the listing, and select the Compatibility tab as shown below).
6. . If nothing above resolves the issue; create a Service Request and send us images created from steps above for review.
AutoPIPE has been know to have graphical issues on the following hardware:
a. HP Compaq dx2400 Microtower with display card Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset
b. HP Compaq dx7500 Microtower with display card Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset
These steps will be required when new instance of program is opened.
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please submit any comments you have on this Wiki article tothe "Comments" area below. THANK YOU!