You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
After the application is started, user can see thru the application to the desktop or see a blank white screen after a model has been opened.
Some example screenshots showing the issue:
A. See through the application to the desk top:
B. Trailing windows:
C. Black Screen:
Open the AutoPIPE readme file located in the program folder: default = C:\ Bentley\ AutoPIPE V8i SELECTseries\ readme_autopipe.htm
After the document is opened, select the System Requirement Hyperlink and review the requirements. Compare these requirements against your computer system (Start> Control Panel> system>).
Note: AutoPIPE cannot be installed on the following Windows Operating Systems: Home Premium, Home Basic, or Starter.
Suggest to always run the most updated graphics card drivers to be sure that a known issue have been fixed or new enhancements have been added to your card.
1. Start AutoPIPE2. Select File> Open> AutoPIPE Database (DAT)3. Browse for the following model, Examples> Walkthru.dat4. Open the model.5. What do you see on your screen: a. the model, b. Windows desktop behind the AutoPIPE application, or c. black screen? a. Take a screen shot #1 and save the image to a file.7. Go to menu item "View > Settings"8. Toggle "Enable Hardware Acceleration" i.e. if the option is ON turn it OFF and if it is OFF then turn it ON, and press OK button to close the dialog.9. Close AutoPIPE and re-open it to refresh the graphics area.10. What do you see on your screen:
a. the model,
b. Windows desktop behind the AutoPIPE application
c. black screen?
Take a screen shot #2 and save the image to a file.
Contact your manufacturer of your graphics card to request instructions to manually turn off hardware acceleration
Click link here.
1. Choose Start > Control Panel.2. Double click Personalization and select "Display Settings".3. Click "Advanced Settings".4. On the Troubleshooting tab, click "Change Settings" .5. Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None.6. Click Apply and then click OK to accept the new setting and close the dialog box.7. Click OK to close the Display Properties dialog box.
If the dialog is grayed out, your video card will not let you change the setting. Suggest the following, try to restart AutoPIPE after each step:
1. Update graphics card driver2. Verify all Microsoft Win 7 updates have been completed.3. Contact your graphic card manufacture and request a procedure to disable graphic acceleration.
See the following Web site here
Change computer display properties: Control Panel> Display> Settings tab>Advanced button> Troubleshoot Tab> select hardware acceleration = none. Then try to open a model in AutoPIPE.
See the following Web site here
Be sure that the application window size is not set to Maximum, instead use Restore Down Mode
Change the size of the application’s window (using the corners of the application, mouse over the bottom right corner of the application window, when the mouse icon changes to a double arrow, left click, hold, and drag to resize the application window, after doing so the application graphics should refresh.
Most computers have 2 display adapters: 1. built into the motherboard and 2. an actual dedicated graphics card added to the motherboard. Check to see how many display adapters are on your computer.
1. Open Device manager
2. Click on Display adapters
See number of display adapters available. (example: 2 display adapters are available on this computer).
If your computer does have 2 display adapters, then it has the ability to assign usage of either adapters to the program or choose one adapter to always be used. Suggest to investigate what settings are enabled on your computer. The instructions to check these settings vary depending on the adapter manufacturer. Suggest to work with someone who knows how to check what display adapter is being used to run AutoPIPE (ex. IT department) or contact the adapter manufacturer requesting instructions base on your specific card.
Note: in one case a user added a custom setting to always use the higher quality display adapter to run AutoPIPE.
1. Close AutoPIPE
2. Open AutoPIPE.INI file from the User Profile Path. (note, do not make changes to the AutoPIPE.INI file in the program folder)
3. Find “RefreshGraphicsOnLoad" (approx line 49 of the file)
4. Set “RefreshGraphicsOnLoad"=1
5. Save the file and restart AutoPIPE.
1. Control Panel> Display> Appearance> Effects, "Use transition effects for menus and tooltips" should be unchecked
2. Disable virus protection or document management applications, and then try to run the program. Some software are reporting high CPU usage on PCs running windows. This is a known issue reported as: CAE-TR-8090 , Product: AutoPIPE V8i, Version: 09.00.00.00
3. Run as Administrator mode. It is preferred to permanently set this privilege as shown below. (note: navigate to the icon used to start the application, right click the mouse button on the icon, and select Properties from the listing, and select the Compatibility tab as shown below).
Send image of results back to us in a service request.
AutoPIPE has been know to have graphical issues on the following hardware:
a. HP Compaq dx2400 Microtower with display card Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset
b. HP Compaq dx7500 Microtower with display card Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset
These steps will be required when new instance of program is opened.