You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
After the application is started, user can see thru the application to the desktop or see a blank white screen after a model has been opened.
Some example screenshots showing the issue:
A. See through the application to the desk top:
B. Trailing windows:
C. Black Screen:
Please complete the following steps:
1. Start AutoPIPE2. Select File> Open> AutoPIPE Database (DAT)3. Browse for the following model, C:\ Bentley\ AutoPIPE V8i SELECTseries\ Examples\ Walkthru.dat4. Open the model.5. What do you see on your screen, the model, Windows desktop behind the AutoPIPE application, or black screen? Recommend sending a screen shot?
The most common solution to the issues shown above is to set the hardware acceleration = none:
Change computer display properties: Control Panel> Display> Settings tab>Advanced button> Troubleshoot Tab> select hardware acceleration = none. Then try to open a model in AutoPIPE.
See the following Web site here
1. Choose Start > Control Panel.2. Double click Personalization and select "Display Settings".3. Click "Advanced Settings".4. On the Troubleshooting tab, click "Change Settings" .5. Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None.6. Click Apply and then click OK to accept the new setting and close the dialog box.7. Click OK to close the Display Properties dialog box.
If the dialog is grayed out, your video card will not let you change the setting. Suggest the following, try to restart AutoPIPE after each step:
1. Update graphics card driver2. Verify all Microsoft Win 7 updates have been completed.3. Contact your graphic card manufacture and request a procedure to disable graphic acceleration.
If after turning off "Hardware acceleration" does not work, suggest the following:
1. Does the computer meet the minimum requirements? See help> Contents> Bentley AutoPIPE> Getting Started> Installation and Authorization> Installation> System requirements for minimum computer specifications
2. Change the size of the application’s window (using the corners of the application, click, hold and drag, to resize the application window, after doing so the application graphics should refresh).
3. Change hardware acceleration inside AutoPIPE, View>Setting> Uncheck "Enable hardware acceleration".
4. Control Panel> Display> Appearance> Effects, "Use transition effects for menus and tooltips" should be unchecked
5. Update computer’s OPENGL display drivers.
6. Disable virus protection or document management applications, and then try to run the program. Some software are reporting high CPU usage on PCs running windows. This is a known issue reported as: CAE-TR-8090 , Product: AutoPIPE V8i, Version: 09.00.00.00
Bentley Technical Support KnowledgeBase
Bentley LEARN Server
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please submit any comments you have on this Wiki article tothe "Comments" area below. THANK YOU!