When pressing the button to display the input / results grids, they do not appear on screen, where are they located?
Appears that the grids are being displayed out of view or off screen. 2 scenarios cause this issue:
1. Laptop user has a docking station with 2 monitors, then when using just the laptop screen out of the docking station the grids appear off screen.
2. Person pressed the Minimize button on the grids, reduced it down to a small bar that located in lower left corner of the screen or off screen.
If the input grid is minimized search the screen for a small application bar, may only see the AutoPIPE icon, with Minimize(_) & Close (X) windows icons (shown above).
Right click on the bar and select RestorePress the Maximize icon or try and grab the corners of the dialog to stretch out to view the grid. See video below for more tips and tricks to locate the grids:
If the bar cannot be located, try steps below based on version being used:
Select the View Ribbon > Grid> Input (Quick Key = VG). or Results Ribbon> Interactive> Results Grids
Restart the program. This will resize and relocate the grids to the screen after a model was opened.
If grids are still missing, refer to the procedure under AutoPIPE V8i 09.03 and lower.
Restart the program. This will resize and relocate the grids to the screen after a model was opened (enhancement 134381).
Look on the top tool bar for button icon with lower case i and small excel grid image, when pressed the button will have a definitive pressed down look
Please see the following procedure to reset the results grid location.
1. Exit AutoPIPE 2. Start Notepad program. Select File> Open> Navigate to the AutoPIPE installation folder (typically C:\Bentley\AutoPIPE ...), change "Files of Type" from "*.txt" to "all files", select "autoplan" from the available files listed, and press the "Open" button.
Note: autoplan.cnf file for AutoPIPE CONNECT versions are located in the following folder:
C:\Users \username \AppData \Roaming \Bentley \AutoPIPE CONNECT
3. Scroll down to the bottom of variables and make the following changes:
Note: 1. Maintain column alignment. 2. RESDLG = Results Dialog grid, MODDLG = Input Dialog grid 3. These are pixel dimensions starting from lower left corner of the screen
RESDLG TOP : 600RESDLG BOTTTOM : 1000RESDLG LEFT : 50RESDLG RIGHT : 1200MODDLG TOP : 600MODDLG BOTTTOM : 900MODDLG LEFT : 100MODDLG RIGHT : 900
4. Save the file, and exit notepad.
5. Start AutoPIPE, open a model with results and press Results> Grids>
6. The results grid should show up in the new location. You may resize the grid and move to a new location. The new grid location values are saved back to the autoplan.cnf and will be recalled when the command is given to display the results grid.
In the future do not use the input grid (minimize, maximize, close) window icons to manipulate the grid, instead use the actual tool bar button. Also, if using a docking station with 2+ monitors, before disconnecting, move input grid to same monitors as the application screen before closing AutoPIPE and shutting down the system.
In some emergency situations where the steps above do not work, CLOSE ALL AutoPIPE applications first and then delete the AUTOPLAN,cnf file. Now restart AutoPIPE, this would have rest all of original program settings configured autoplan.CNF file.
Another emergency option, open an AutoPIPE model. Then press keyboard Win+D keys to view the desktop, again select the AutoPIPE icon from the tray so the application window appears on screen. If AutoPIPE application window is NOT set to maximum size, skip to next step. For those with application window set to maximum size, In the top right corner of the application window press the "Restore down" button, and size the window so one can see a portion of the desktop wallpaper.
Place your mouse on the Desktop Wallpaper and Right click the mouse, Select "Display settings", a dialog will appear. For those with multiple monitors, select the display that AutoPIPE is currently on. Now scroll further down the dialog and change the "Display resolution" to the last option at the bottom of the list (typically 800x600), after the screen resolution changes, press the "Revert" button. Now try to turn the input grids On and Off. The Input grids should now appear in view.
if after all of the above instructions fail to reveal the input grids, log a Bentley service request.
Results (Output) Grids