AutoPIPE: install multiple ver. same computerCan we install multiple version of AutoPIPE on the same computer?TR Number: noneProduct: AutoPIPEVersion: n/aArea: General, installationProblem ID#: 80537
Quick answer: Yes and No
1. Versions that uses SES licensing - 12.00 to present
2. Versions that used Select Serve licensing - 09.00 to 11.04
3. First version to be installed to secure installation folder (c:\Program Files (x86)\). Also, started using user Profiles to store program data (Tools> settings> Preferences).
AutoPIPE CONNECT 10.00.00.10
4. AutoPIPE CONNECT versions - 10.00 to present
5. AutoPIPE V8i versions - v.09.01 to 09.06
6. AutoPIPE XM versions - v.08.09 to 09.00.
Scenario #1: Installing multiple versions of AutoPIPE 6.3 to 9.6,
- Use option #1 or #2.
Scenario #2: installing multiple generation versions at the same time. Ex. generation 10 (10.0 - 10.1) or generation 11 (11.0 - 11.04), or generation 12 (12.0 - 12.4), etc...
- use option #1 or #3.
Scenario #3: Install all versions of AutoPIPE at the same time
- Use Option #1 or combine options #2, and #3.
Again, if using options #2 & #3, follow the instructions for installation, lowest version first in order to the highest version, and remember only 1 version from each individual generations.
Scenario #4: Creating stress isometrics?
- Install the OPIM version associated with the highest version of AutoPIPE installed. Do not install any other version of OPIM with AutoPIPE that was not mentioned in the release notes.
Why? Not all versions of AutoPIPE can use a single version of OPIM. Both programs are constantly being developed. Thus some combinations of the application will cause problems. Best to only install 1 version of OPIM and create all stress isometrics with that single version. Unless you are using Option #1, in which case you can install the correct version of OPIM mentioned in the release notes into each VM.
1. Do not violate "Opening a file with AutoPIPE:" from the following WIKI here
2. Do not install an older version than the last one installed on the system as it will corrupt files in other system folders, i.e. Isogen.
after installing AutoPIPE V8i 09.04.01.05 do not install, AutoPIPE 2004 08.06.00.12. Only workaround, uninstall all AutoPIPE versions and re-install in chronological order.
Install a Virtual Machine (VM) on your computer. Then create a new VM and install only one version of AutoPIPE. Create additional VM's as needed to install other versions of the program.
Install the different versions of AutoPIPE in ORDER!!!
Example: want to install AutoPIPE 8.5, 9.2, 9.4 on the same system.
a. Install oldest one first, completely install AutoPIPE v8.5
b. The application will be installed to the default folder location: "C:\Program Files\Bentley\AutoPIPE\",
c. Open the folder location and rename the folder to something other than the default name (ex. AutoPIPE_08.05.00.12). This is an important step because, when the next version is installed, it will be installed to the default location and does not overwrite the already installed software. Renaming the folder location will break the shortcut designations on all the desktop and menu icons. Manually update these shortcuts as required. Also, recommend naming the menu group/icon names to be descriptive of version applicable to.d. Install the next release (v9.2) progressing in order with the next highest version number again suggest to use all default settings.
e. The default location for all V8i versions is, “C:\Bentley\AutoPIPE V8i SELECTseries”, again rename the default folder name to another name (ex. AutoPIPE_09.02.03.02), fix all short cuts in the menus and desktop.
f. Install the newest version last (ex. 09.04), using the default settings.
g. After All AutoPIPE versions have been installed, install the latest version of Bentley IEG.
h. If AutoPIPE 8.6 and lower was installed, need to install Bentley Gateway and Plant security as documented in the installation files.
At this time, user can only install one version from a given generation.
ex. v 12.04 and 12.02 cannot be installed at the same time as they are from the same generation, 12.
Reason, the application profiles are saved to the same location for all generation versions, and some of these files are not compatible or the different versions within the generation
Installation - AutoPIPE