Need help working from home with your Bentley software? We're here to help - click here
AutoPIPE license is checked out on a computer that cannot be accessed because person and/or computer is not available.
Scenario: a company has 1 AutoPIPE pooled license shared by 5 people on a design team. John has started AutoPIPE, thereby checking out the only license to his system. John has left for a 2 week trip out to the project work site. Question, can anyone back in the office use AutoPIPE?
Given the scenario above were John has checked out the only license to his computer and left for an extended stay in the field; NO, none of the 4 people back at the company location can use AutoPIPE because the number of available license in LMT is 0 for AutoPIPE: (in AutoPIPE, see
AutoPIPE V8i 09.06.01.xx and Higher: select File> License Management Tool>
AutoPIPE V8i 09.06.00.xx and Lower: select Tool> Setting> License Management Tool>
License Check out tab, shown below).
As long as the available license is <1, the user cannot open AutoPIPE V8i 09.05.xx.xx and lower. However, AutoPIPE V8i 09.06.xx.xx and higher now supports trust licensing and every user who starts the program will get a license from a valid SELECTserver connection.
1. Contact the person who has the license checked out and asked that they connect to the internet to check the license back in.
2. In the event the person is not available but their computer is physically available. Ask company IT department person with administrative rights to log onto the computer, open LMT, and manually check the license back in.
3. Contact Bentley Licensing group, 1 800 Bentley (236-8539), select Option 4, Licensing, to discuss all other options.
4. Log a Service Request on www.Bentley.com for the licensing group to call back with available options.
5. Local Bentley Admin person(s) can log onto their SelectServer at https://SELECTserver.bentley.com, to investigate and resolve the issue.
Managing License issue