We quite often use "From Compoent" command to set Component Preference in order to continue work on a pipe line. However, exception occurs, saying value is invalid. (I am doing it in SS7.)
I have narrowed it down the problem on insulation thickness field. We have make this field as a FixedList in component preferece. In order to avoid the exception, I have to set this field as FreeText now. The strange thing is after I set it to FreeText, a value 25 will fill in as 25.000000 in Component Preference after a "From Component" command. (LUPREC is set to 4) My guess it is these additional 6 zeros cause the exception but I don't know how to modify script and change it.
Anyone has an idea?
Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce this issues on my test environment. I have set LUPREC to 4 and set up Insulation Thickens.
Could you please try to reproduce same in new project or a sample one? This will let to determine if this is project specific or not. As well try temporary remove C:\ProgramData\Bentley\Plant V8i\Config\PROJECT_NAME\CPLPiping.ini and re add Insulation thickness preference once again.
My AutoPLANT version is 22.214.171.124. Here is what I did
1. In SAMPLE_MMETRIC, add a new component preference field called Insul.Thickness, with fixed list, string type. Added values 0, 25, 38, 50
2. Selected value 25, drew a new piece of pipe. edit component, and saw insulation thickness has value 25.0000
3. Ran "From Component" command on this new pipe, exception occurred
4. So I updated the Insul.Thickness values list to 0.0000, 25.0000, 38.0000, 50.0000
5. Ran "From Component" command again, exception still occurred
Thanks Zeke! We appreciate your assistance here.
Please update if the above suggestion helped you. Also you may please create an SR for further queries if any.
-Regards | Rahul Kumar
Product Engineer – Global Technical Support | Community Moderator