I tested this with same environment as that of yours and i am able to place the components in a newly created OPM DGN with no issues. Please see the snapshot below.
As per information you provided, I suspect the DGN that you are working on. May be the ports are being matched incorrectly. Is it possible for you to share the DGN?
Thank you for your response back, I did not have any issues with a similar design at another facility using the spears catalor. I believe the problem is tied to a structural model that was referenced into my model. The file attached normally but after checking in the file with projectwise I was not able to open file in Openplant. The file did open in Microstation V8i, where I detached strucutural reference model that was created in AecoSims and Prostructure, both Bentley products. Even with file detached there seems to have left some markers in my openplant model. I had to place a fence around my model and clip void delete to clear up.
We would suggest you to create a Service Request and upload your files to investigate further.
-Regards | Rahul Kumar
Regards, Rahul KumarSupervisor, Design Integration, Plant | Community Moderator