Weld symbols appears at the joint where two components get weld. To highlight the joint, weld symbols are used. Sometimes it is required to have a big symbol size while issuing it for fabrication at shop. Below mentioned describes the weld symbol size customization.
Steps To Accomplish:
2. Click on ‘Open template file’ and select ‘Fasteners’ DGN file and click open. See image below:
3. It shows all default Welds types. Select the Weld to customize. Say WW for Workshop weld.
4. Copy WW and past it below the table in order to define it in Custom.cel file. See image below:
5. Enlarge the weld symbol as per requirement, as shown below:
6. Place Fence on WW and click on ‘Create cell’ option. See image below:
7. Select the Cell Library and provide cell name and description to it. See below:
8. Workshop Weld WW has been created in custom.cel library.
9. Save the changes and extract isometrics to verify the results. Refer changed symbol size below:
Notes: a. If a template file as shown in point no 2 does not appears, copy the OPIM folder from below mentioned path to your workspace. C:\ProgramData\Bentley\OpenPlantIsometricsManager V8i\WorkSpace
b. It is a good practice to create a backup of the template file before making any modifications.
c. User may create its own custom file with logical name and customize the symbols accordingly. To enable a new cell file type the name at first place in style.cfg in order to search the library at first, as mentioned in below image.
Bentley's Product Advantage Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!