I need help in Auto Mate / Auto Flange.I have to add flanges automatically to Flanged end connection components i.e valvesFor this in specs I have clicked on Auto Mate and selected “Check All” and also in Drawing Preferences I have selected “Auto Flange”.But Still flanges are not automatically placed for flanged valves. I have also checked in help file, but not working.Please check that above procedure is correct or something is missed.
1. Create Spec > enable automate option for required flanges. Build a spec.
• The Auto Mate control is used to populate the specs's AUTO_MATE table.
• The options in the AUTO_MATE table are updated whenever changes are made to the spec definition and the spec is rebuilt. If the spec definition changes and is not rebuilt, then SpecGen will perform a "partial build" when you attempt to open the AUTO_MATE table.
2. Open Class definition file CLASS.INI which should be at C:\Program Files (x86)\Bentley\Plant V8i\Modules\Base folder . Check ENABLE_AUTOMATE_OPTION=1 for valves (i.e. component which you want to place with autoflange ). If this option is not set to 1, valves will not be placed with automated flanges.
3. Open your model. In Piping>Drawing preferences make sure that Autoflange option is enabled. IMP: If the AutoFlange check box is enabled in the Drawing Preferences dialog, the application determines if the component's class definition contains the following definition when a component is inserted into the model:
ENABLE_AUTOMATE_OPTION=1 If true, then following the component's insertion, the function attempts to "automate" each open port. It looks in the Auto_Mate specification table for a record that has MAIN_SIZE and END_COND field values that match the open port. If found, then a component of the class specified in that record is inserted, connected to the open port.
With this settings you should be able to place flanges automatically on valves.
For example, if you have the AutoFlange option enabled in PIPING
and want to automatically attach a weldneck flange to any 6" flanged component placed, then there are two conditions in this table that must be met:
1. The End_Code value for the WN FLG (Weldneck Flange) class needs to be set to FL (flanged).2. The check box corresponding with the 6" pipe size column and the Weldneck flange row needs to be checked.
Now, whenever you place a flanged component that contains the line ENABLE_AUTOMATE_OPTION=1 in its class definition, the AutoFlange command will search the Auto_Mate table for a component that has a MAIN_SIZE of 6" and a FL END_COND and will automatically place the Weldneck flange on the component's open flanged end(s).Please note that not every record displayed in the AutoMate table is available for the AutoFlange command. Only the records that are unshaded will be available for this option.
Note: If more than one component class in the AUTO_MATE table matches the criteria, then a selection dialog displays allowing you to select which flange or mating component to be placed.