You are currently reviewing an older revision of this page.
To Modify TIE-IN Point Symbol in OpenPlant Isometrics drawing.
In OpenPlant Isometrics Manager, currently TIE-IN points information shown with rectangular box similar with Notes on pipeline. Ideally it should be expected to have with an octagonal shape with tags. This can be done by modifying the cell templates and defining the user labels from isometric configuration dialog. It can be experienced using OpenPlant modeler. Below steps illustrates using OpenPlant Modeler with OpenPlant Isometrics Manager. Using the Standard configuration below results can be seen for both Note and TIE-IN Point symbol.
10. Go to Note table and copy the text and table rows (Say for PARTID) by using right click context menu and paste it above to define it separately for assigning TIE- IN symbol. See image below.
11. Select text and edit and rename it to OCTAGON. See image below.
12. Delete the rectangular boundary and create Octagonal shape using MicroStation tools and modify the symbology as desired.
13. From Task bar, Place Fence using fence type as Block, and Fence mode as Inside and click on ‘Create Cell’ Option. See images below. Note: user need to define cell template using ‘Create Cell’ option to be able to use further.
14. From ‘Create Cell’ option, defined cell Name as OCTAGON, and add description as shown in below image. Note: It is recommended to use ‘Custom.cel’ from cell library, as the changes will retain in one separate file and it will not alter standard cell file lisocomp.cel which will allow user to use the custom.cel file for other project by copying it from one project location to another. By default it does not contain any information. To create a new cell file, copy paste the custom.cel file and type the name at first place in style.cfg in order to search the library at first, as mentioned in below image.
15. Click on OK and Exit Seed file.
16. From Isometric Configuration dialog, go to user Labels and create new Labels.
17. Define label as shown below and click on ‘Save’.
18. In order to prevent getting a label for the user label for NOTE we have changed the definition to:
19. Generate Isometric drawing and verify results. See image below:
For similar customization on cell template in details check below links:
Bentley's Technical Support Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!