'Error occured during execution. Please refer to ErrLog.txt for details' message while loading Specification Generator.
When the user adds a new custom module in the modules.ini file, he may face this error. When we view the ErrLog.txt file for details (location C:\ProgramData\Bentley\Plant V8i\Logs) we find the following information. Which is one of the possible causes of the error mentioned above. This wiki will contain the steps when the user faces this issue.
'Subscript out of range'
1. Navigate to the directory containing modules.ini file.
2. Open the file using Notepad.
3. Scroll to the custom module.
4. In the custom module view if all the variables are present or not. It is evident that METHOD_PRELOAD_LIST variable is missing.
5. Copy the variable with value. Paste it in the custom module.
6. Save the file and close.
7. Launch Specification Generator. Now no error message is encountered and SpecGen is loaded without any errors.
If above problem still persist, then please create a Service Request and contact the Bentley Product Advantage group. Please include a list of all relevant details to get in depth analysis for a solution or workaround.
Bentley's Product Advantage Group requests that you please confine any comments you have on this Wiki entry to this "Comments or Corrections?" section. THANK YOU!